Foolin' Around

I've been working with Rayna Gillman's Create Your Own Free-Form Quilts without having anything particular in mind.  I can't remember the last time I just played with fabric and stitch.  It's great fun.

I started by sewing together a set of strips, below.  What you see is 2/3 of the original piece.  The last third was cut into three squares, the first of which is above after having been sliced, diced and restripped numerous times.  The last photo shows the other two squares after two shots at slicing and stitching.


This is a terrific way to use up leftovers, scraps, fabrics I previously hadn't wanted to cut into, fabrics I never thought I'd use...not to mention UFOs and recycled quilt blocks.  Highly recommended!  As is Rayna's book...which might be the only book at Amazon to have a 100% 5-star rating by its 33 reviewers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment