Lots to Share

I made my first book on Saturday at the NorBAG meeting/workshop.  The book is 4x6 inches sewn with the long stitch.  The cover is a water media painting I did in 1990 that was aching to be repurposed.

Yesterday I made another, same size and also with the long stitch, although I did a few things differently than on the first.


The cover of the second book is a kraft paper bag that I paste painted about a month ago.  I wrapped and glued the paper around cardstock, then lined the inside cover with a piece of dry palette paper from a recent painting session.  The first and fourth signatures are wrapped in recently painted paper.


And here's today's collage ~

In addition to my regular daily collage journal, I've begun another one for black & white work only.  I'll be working in this journal on a less-regular basis, and posting collages as they're created.

I had my fourth printmaking session last week and posted a few more pieces to my Facebook album.  I hope to take another round of sessions later in the year.  For now, though, I'm glad my recent busyness is over and I don't have to go into town more often than a couple times a month.  It is such a distraction from my "normal" routine of artmaking and reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment