Hidden Agenda

Hidden Agenda ~ 24x26 inches
I've managed to finish this piece, begun before I got sick, in dribs and drabs over the last week.  It's all discharged cotton and linen, with the exception of the ecodyed and rusted silk chiffon overlay.  This is another piece that had been on my design wall for many months. 
 
I'm hoping to design some new work in the next few days.  I've narrowed down my colorway for Fiberactions' split-complementary challenge so I have a particular stack of fabric to work with.  I'll most likely do more than one piece again, largely because the colors are so exciting together that I don't think one quilt will satisfy me.

But I'm still taking things one day at a time, since I've already had a couple of relapses.  The worst part has been the depression.  The reality with that is that life issues that have been on the back burner for months and years have moved closer to the surface, forcing me to begin to deal with them on a more conscious level.  This might sound dire.  It's more like the existential questions that I've been pondering deep down have sifted to the top -- things like WHY I bother to make art at all, and WHAT I want to do with my life for the next 30 years.  So in this segue time I'm rounding up some outside assistance to help me craft my path.

0 comments:

Post a Comment