New Weekly Challenge

Writing this via Blogger's new New Post template.  I liked the old one, but oh well.  Change is the only constant...

This is the first piece in my new weekly challenge.  Other than minimal parameters I've established for myself, this challenge is going to be pretty wide open.  The rules ~
  • 9 x 12 inches
  • quilted, although might use paper as well as fabric
  • a sense of immediacy ~ I may think about the piece for a few days and arrange elements beforehand, but when it comes to putting it together, it goes quickly
  • might include elements I haven't wanted to use before...like copyright free imagery
  • must be fun!
I'm looking forward to another personal challenge as well, which I hope to begin in the next couple weeks.  This one will be more mixed media oriented ~ acrylics, collage, not fabric and stitch focused although either or both could be included.  Mixed media collage is what I alluded to in yesterday's post when I spoke of being overwhelmed.  It's actually been on the back burner for me for about a year.  So I need to get myself organized for how I want the challenge to proceed.  Will say more about it later.

Why the new challenges?  My current mantra ~ "If not now, when?"

It's another drizzly day in paradise on the North Coast.  Hope you have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment