New Prints 2

More prints from this week.  Most are ghost prints which I strongly favor.  This morning I'm heading in to Eureka ~ the local independent scrapbooking store is having a flea market of sorts, an opportunity for mixed media artists to buy, sell and trade their unused stash.  The sellers have to buy a table for $20 to set up their stuff.  I'm just going to buy.

I made the coolest book yesterday ~ actually it's pretty hot and you'll see why on Monday.  I pulled the innards out of a fairly new book, covered the covers and spine with recently-printed papers, and filled it with 20 folios (80 pages now, in 4 signatures) of offprint backgrounds.  This will be my new art journal.

Incidentally, I have been altering new books as well as old ones.  If the price is right and if the new book is of a size that I'd like to use for a journal, then I'll buy it and dismantle it.  It turns out the book I used yesterday is one I might want to read.  It was perfect bound to begin with, meaning the book block stayed together quite well when I removed it from the covers.  So I cut new covers from scrapbook paper, and covered over the spine with wood grain contact paper, which is another good alternative to book cloth for inner and outer spines.

Hope you have a great weekend.




0 comments:

Post a Comment