A Paper World

I've been making collage papers this week, working with Jane Davies' Scribble Collage DVD at home.  The first part of the DVD is all about printing and painting paper and the last part is about how to construct a collage painting the way Jane does it.  I'm especially jazzed about the second part because I'm in awe of her work.  If you read her blog, she has tutorials there as well as brief weekly videos showing her process.  I can't say enough good things about Jane or her work.  (She also unknowingly got me into Postcrossing and the Letter Writers Alliance, which got me into Mail Art.)

In addition to using drawing paper to print/paint on, I'm also using deli paper for the first time.  I love this stuff -- it's translucent, stronger than tissue paper, and holds paint really well.

Later this month I'll be taking Carla Sonheim's Gelli Printing online class.  Carla's work with the Gelli plate is really different from anything else out there.  I'm looking forward to doing more and new things with the plate.

For those of you who are interested, Gelli Arts' LARGE 12x14 inch plate is now available through the usual outlets...or will be soon.  I bought mine last week from Blue Moon Scrapbooking, which offers free shipping on orders over $50 -- meaning the Gelli Plate had free shipping, a savings of nearly $25 over buying it directly from Gelli Arts.  Thank you, Dotti, for the referral.

This Saturday, NorBAG member and book-artist-extraordinaire Ellen Golla will be teaching a workshop on paste paper painting.  I've only paste painted paper once before, on my own, so I'm excited to be taking Ellen's class.  Her paste papers are the best I've seen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment