Less IS More

These are four keepers from another set of Gelli prints I made over the weekend, following Carla Sonheim's online class last week.  I've done very little to these, actually I haven't gone beyond the first step in creating them, and I'm satisfied that they're "done" just the way they are.

I played around previously with the prints I made earlier last week, took them to step 2 and occasionally step 3 in the layering process, but realized just how quickly they became overworked and unfixable.  I still have a few original prints that I plan to do maybe just one thing more on before I let them be.  Perhaps I'll do that today.

Yesterday I mostly tinkered around in the studio, did a few small things but read, mostly.  Like a lot of other places right now, spring has temporarily gone back in the direction of winter before (hopefully, soon) moving on to summer.  Although for the last few years on the North Coast our June's have been dreary enough to be called Junuary and we haven't had real summers until late-July to September, if at all.  We'll see what this year brings.                                  

0 comments:

Post a Comment