Thai Cuisine

Today is the reveal for Fiberactions' latest challenge, to use at least three colors of foods from your kitchen.
On the menu at Rose Cottage, Thai Cuisine ~ eggplant, basil and pepper.  Quilt is 18 inches square, all hand dyed and printed fabrics (cotton, rayon and vintage linen).

This is a woven quilt ~ 12 strips horizontally and 12 strips vertically woven together.  The woven strips were fused to muslin foundation cloth, that was placed over batting and backing, and then machine quilted.  I had wanted to hand quilt this one, but I knew before I even began that my hands/wrists would not hold out.  So machine quilted it was.

The short story about having these ingredients readily available is that I've been cooking Thai for myself at home.  I recently got Buddha's Table from Amazon, and I love all the dishes I've made from the book.  There's absolutely no place to get authentic Thai food on the North Coast, but now I can do it at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment