Addicted to Spinning

All I really wanted to do today was spin. So that's pretty much all I did for most of the day. Although I did dye up some samples this morning, various things I'm still trying -- different fibers, different mordant percentages, new ways (for me) of processing things.

I think I'm in overwhelm. I go along just fine for a while, humming away, getting things accomplished, moving forward, and then something hits me and stops me up short for a bit. When I get like this, I retreat inside myself, set about spinning with a near-vengeance, and sort things out internally. When there are too many things to do, part of me shuts down. Guess it's like a mini-vacation that I give myself periodically. If only I would do it more consciously instead of feeling partly guilty when I'm in these moods.

Note to myself: Listen to myself more deeply, stop trying to do everything all the time, on time. Be good to myself, be gentle with myself. Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment