Jewelry Designer, too!

Yes, I'm a textile artist, but I also design beaded jewelry. I don't make jewelry that often anymore, but I just listed a few small pieces at my Etsy site, and I have photos of my major pieces on my website if you want to have a look.

The three pieces above are from my "signature" line.

And the ones below are from my "sport" line, which actually consists of about 8 or 10 different earring styles and brooches.




I used to do juried art/craft shows, back in the late 1990s, with my jewelry. Once I started into fiber arts, though, I pretty much gave up on doing shows. There are too many jewelers in the world, far too much competition. Textiles are where my heart is, anyway. I began my creative career as a textile artist (actually, a custom seamstress), and these days I'm right where I want to be, doing the kind of work I imagined myself doing 35 years ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment