Slice 'N Dice Du Jour

Warm Breeze on a Starry Night ~ 27" x 17"
This is my latest quilt, completed yesterday, called Warm Breeze on a Starry Night.  (An alternate name could be Blue Moon, but I think I'll stick with the first...although I just learned that there will be a Blue Moon this month, on August 31.)

The quilt is 27x17 inches, comprised largely of commercial fabrics with some hand dyes in the mix, machine pieced and hand quilted in the ditch.

I began with two sections of stitched fabric strips several weeks ago, took a break to do other things, and came back to the quilt last weekend.  Then worked right through to completion over the last five days.

Now it's back to book arts and art journaling, until I start working on Fiberactions' September challenge, color triad.  Unless, of course, I'm moved to do more quilting, which is not outside the realm of possibility.

Warm Breeze on a Starry Night, detail

0 comments:

Post a Comment