Two New Books

I completed two books yesterday as third-week projects in Mary Ann's online class.  The focus was on chain stitch.  This first book was an old novel that I removed the book block from.  The spine was in okay shape but I decided to cover it.  The spine cover panel is hand dyed and printed cotton fused to muslin, with decorative machine stitching on the edges.  The chain stitching holds six individual signatures.  The book is 5.5 x 7.7 inches.

The second book was a technical drawing textbook that had its book block removed.  The cover and spine were in great shape but not to my liking.  So I covered it with one of my best pieces of shibori fabric.  The binding is triple chain stitch, holding in just three signatures.  It goes so well with the shibori pattern that you can hardly see the chocolate brown waxed thread.  This book is 7.5 x 10 inches.


I see a lot of books in my future covered with hand dyed shibori fabrics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment