World History

My latest book began its life as a Book of World History, circa early 20th century, maybe about 1930 to be more precise.  Although the cover was in decent shape, it was kind of boring.  So instead of altering it, I covered it with discharged fabric.  I like the simplicity of it.  I'm really drawn to handmade books with all kinds of elements on them, but simple seems to be my modus operandi.

The project was to create a book with sewn-on tapes, like last week's, but with the binding hidden by the existing book spine.  As before, the book block is comprised of heavy drawing paper, book pages and bits of old wallpaper.  The book measures 8x11 inches and the signatures were stitched with waxed handspun silk.

I really love it.  I could become addicted to book making...oops, I think I already am!

0 comments:

Post a Comment