My Little Black (Board) Book

I made my first board book (think children's board books) at yesterday's NorBAG meeting/workshop.  Presenting the workshop was Ellen Golla, book artist extraordinaire.  The papers I used to cover all the boards were paste painted by me a couple months ago.  There's a really cool drop hinge on the back part of the spine that allows the pages to lay flat when they're open, yet the cover is taut when the book is closed.

And when I arrived home, a care package of delectable ephemera was waiting for me, sent by a dear online friend from North Carolina.  She'd promised some foreign language book pages, which are in the stack at the bottom right.  I had no idea all the rest of these treasures would be included.  I'm especially happy to have that vintage photo album, which in fact is what I "should" be using in Mary Ann Moss's online altered book and journal class that I'm taking...but which are simply unavailable in the relative boonies where I live and not in my budget to purchase online.  Thank you so much, Meg!

I have a couple of books in process that I plan to work on today.  And I need to start thinking about the next Fiberactions quilt, to be revealed September 15.  I do have my fabrics selected but haven't yet spent any time designing the piece.  Will get to that sometime this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment